Ghanaian Hiplife, afropop and dancehall artiste Fancy Gadam finally stage a successful event for the first time in two year at the Aliu Mahama stadium. Known for commanding great crowd across the Nation, the Dream album concert wasn’t an exception. The event recorded if not the best but one of the best attendance of his musical concert and the nation at large.
Massive improvement of stage, sound and light judging from previous events organize at the grounds. With the exception of few times the MICs went off, production in terms of stage, sound and light was great and well deserved credit to organizers of the event.
When you have someone like Razak Carlos as the MC for a program, your prayer is to prevent unforeseen instances and the program will be close to perfection. Carlos kept the crowd in cheerful mood with his comic utterances when the stage is without a performing act but was caught “offside” by funs of Fadlan for sending out the young bull earlier than he should have stayed on stage. All in all he collaborated with the DJ of the night to keep the program moving in the right direction.
Fancy gadam as the main man for the night kept everything normal, costumes was simple. Made changes with regards to stage appearance, performance was periodic. This gave fast rising stars like Israhim, Baron, zeeTM the chance to take centre stage when his on break.
Beyond the performance of the main man, these five artiste were rated based on response of crowd when performance is ongoing.
5. Ghally- though not used to the kind of crowd and with less publicize tracks. The chap still got the crowd to standing with his sumptuous dancing moves and rhythmic rap flow. Never felt down even with the crowd initial response.
4. Fadlan- previously known for low energy on stage, the Young Bull gave audience a different thoughts about his stage craft. Energy was high that got the crowd singing hit tracks of his notably much publicize “Mangbunni” track which features Maccasio.
3. De Donzy- Very energetic from entry to exit. Kept the crowds on feet with his dancers.
2. Saani- It did not take him a minute to get the crowd back on track after a number of dull performance with the widely accepted street bangers ” Ariziki” and Reality. Though he appeared to have been influence by drugs, it was not enough to distract his performance.
1. Sabziro- offers nothing but fun. The G-town boy made the crowd to dance to two of the biggest street jam titled “sum kom and Gbalgong”, before being joined by Fancy Gadam for the first time performance of “Yihima nini”.
1. Artiste arrival, entry and exit has become a key component of artiste stage craft in modern showbiz. Direct eye contact between audience and backstage made artiste entry and exit less attractive to watch including the main act of the night. Provisions should be made to create barriers between the backstage and the audience.
2. Almost all the artsite on the bill came with normal/cheap custome. Much seriousness should be placed on costumes in future events.
3. Two microphones wasn’t enough especially when one was off. More microphones should be considered in furure events in order to prevent artsite walking to MC to take microphone to start performance.
4. The rain delayed the start of the program but organizers had less to do about that. Maybe they should consider consulting meteorological department in date selection.
Published by: Prynz Rakib